Table of Contents
- Mission Statement
- Board of Directors
- Expectations of Attendance
- Dungeon Rules
- Dungeon Etiquette
The Mission of OhioSMART is to be a social organization and an educational resource for all who practice BDSM, D/s, and Fetish lifestyles in the greater Cleveland area and throughout Ohio. OhioSMART encourages fellowship, mentoring, and safe play practices amongst its members. Participation is voluntary. You must be at least 21 years old to attend OhioSMART.
Board of Directors
OhioSMART is a registered not for profit with the state of Ohio. We have no paid employees and our board of directors are all volunteers. If you would like to contact the entire board, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expectations of Attendance
- Age & Agreement: OhioSMART attendees must be at least 21 years old, provide a valid government issued photo ID and agree to our rules.
- Confidentiality: All information about identities and activities of OhioSMART participants is held in strict confidence by all participants, including but not limited to names, telephone numbers, addresses and all personal information.
- Consensuality: All activities and discussions at OhioSMART events are agreed upon by all parties involved and all participants must be able to consent. All participants will respect, as final, the decision of anyone to not participate in any activity. I am aware that I am responsible for communicating my personal preferences and boundaries to others. I will not exceed my personal limits or that of another. I will stop any activity immediately if requested by another participant, an OhioSMART board member, or a Dungeon Monitor.
- Drugs & Alcohol: No illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages are allowed at any OhioSMART event party, and/or class. No member or guest shall be under the influence of any illegal drug or alcoholic beverage while on the premises of an OhioSMART event.
- Cameras: At no time may participants use cameras or recording devices at any OhioSMART event. The official SMART photographer may be available on request, but will not photograph anyone who has not explicitly consented to being included.
- Safety: All activities at an OhioSMART event must be performed in a safe and consensual fashion. OhioSMART will adhere to the judgment of the Trustees and Dungeon Monitors strictly.
- Solicitation: No participant may solicit or request services for money or any monetary consideration of any kind, sexual or non-sexual.
We would like everyone to have a safe and comfortable experience. For the safety and protection of everyone we have developed a few rules to govern our conduct. These rules aren't meant to be oppressive. We just want to ensure that we all come into the play party with similar understandings and expectations.
- Never Allowed: These activities are never allowed at OhioSMART events:
NO Guns, NO Cuttings, NO Blood Play, NO Piss Play, NO Scat Play, NO Vomit Play
- NO Penatration (NO Fingers, NO Toys, NO KIDDING)
- Allowed when Specified: These activities are ONLY allowed when specified and only in places designated for these types of activities:
Needle play, Wax play, Fire Play
The Dungeon Monitors will be clearly identifiable.
The goal of the DMs is to make our party a great event, not to pass judgment. They are not trying to shut down scenes, but to enhance them. However, the DMs reserve the right to stop any scene that they feel is unsafe, nonconsensual, or inappropriate for this venue.
Do not hesitate to discuss any questions or concerns that you have with them. Feel free to make comments, ask question, or ask for instruction from them on any equipment or scenes.
To avoid any misunderstanding about safety, notify DMs if your scene could be considered "intense" or "unusual." If you are planning a loud or extreme scene, please inform a DM before you begin.
The OhioSMART Universal safe word is: RED
Remember safe, sane and consensual always!
First aid materials are available from the DMs. If you have special needs, please let the DMs know in advance.
When you are finished playing return/remove the toys you have used. If a piece of equipment is damaged or gets damaged, notify a DM on duty immediately. Please return any toys borrowed from Red Door Dungeon to their proper place sanitized.
The universal safe word will be RED. If this used by anyone in the scene, all participants in the scene will IMMEDIATELY stop and the DM will govern any discussions.
Please keep conversations in the social areas. Talkers should congregate well away from the play area designated "social" space. The designated social space is the lounge.
Do not disrupt the players' concentration or focus by getting too close or talking loudly.
Do not intervene in scenes. If you are concerned about something you see because it looks unsafe, seems extreme, risky, or even impossible to be consensual, leave the scene area quietly and find a DM to check on the scene.
If you are watching a scene, please stay out of the way. We don't want anyone to get hit that doesn't want to get hit. Allow at least a 3 foot perimeter around those involved in the scene.
Do not touch or get too close to the sub/bottom during or after a scene without explicit permission. Subs/bottoms are dependent on their Dom/mes/Tops. The sub's/bottom's physical and emotional well-being are the Dom/mes/Top's responsibility during and after scenes.
Please limit your time on any one piece of dungeon equipment so everyone can have a good time and use a variety of items.