Special Interest Groups
OhioSMART has several active special interest groups, or sub-groups that meet on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. This is a great way to get to know people outside of the dungeon, develop friendships and learn a lot about yourself and others!!
Please consult the Event Calendar for exact dates and be aware that these events are subject to change. You can also check their FetLife groups or contact us for more information or to verify an event you would like to attend.
Click on the SIG name to view their blog.
- This group focuses on Energy work of all types, including Reiki, Tantra, Sacred Sexuality, Qadishtu, Vampire Energy work, Guided meditation and Guided Imagery. What we cover will be determined by those that participate. You can keep up to date with meetings on their FetLife group.
- SmartTNG is our SIG for the younger kinksters (aged 19-35). They meet monthly for a plethora of activities like munches, potlucks, and OutSMARTs. They also hold their own special play parties at OhioSMART's playspace every few months. SmartTNG has a large social aspect that is perfect for kinksters new to the community and welcomes them with open arms. Feel free to email SmartTNG at firstname.lastname@example.org Or check their group on FetLife for more information.
- OhioSMART’s group for rope enthusiasts, dedicated to providing information regarding the safe practice of rope play/rope bondage at all levels from bedroom beginners to seasoned suspenders. SMARTies meets on the first Sunday of the month. More information can be found on their FetLife group.
- A new group especially for those LGBT and queer-identified, and anyone interested in learning more. Sometimes events can feel a little lonely if you're queer. It's not that anyone's being mean or exclusionary. It's just that when you look around, there aren't many people like you. This group was started to change that. Their purpose is to socialize, to find each other, and to help create and organize events and discussions for the LGBT and queer-identified kink community.
Check their group on FetLife for more info!
- Monthly Munch on the fourth Tuesday of the month. Open to anyone who would like to come mingle with like-minded folks while enjoying a decent meal in a casual, vanilla environment. This event is for everyone, but especially helpful to anyone new that would like to come socialize/get information in a casual environment. These are held at local restaurants and rotate around northeast Ohio. For more information and history of munches, see Jay Wiseman’s (BDSM Educator and Author) Munch Guide.
- Another new group organizing socials at local bars (as well as pub crawls and karaoke nights) for kinksters (of legal age) that enjoy the occasional adult beverage.
- OutSMART is our group that gets us out of the dungeon and into fun adventures! This group is open to everyone and often open to vanilla partners and friends who are open to WIITWD (What It Is That We Do). These events will be scheduled by individuals and hosted by such. If you would like to organize an OutSMART event, please email us at email@example.com.
The date/time of their events vary and more info can be found the OhioSMART FetLife group.